Application Engineer SAS
NRB is looking for an Application Engineer with good knowledge in SAS, to join a challenging project in the Utilities sectors, based in Brussels.
As a SAS Admin, you will help our senior SAS Admin to keep the SAS platform available and with good performance. You will support the BI team in their projects and you will take the lead to solve the technical issues on the SAS platform.
As an Application Engineer, together with the Application Analysts and Application Operators, you will be part of the new IT AppOps team that is responsible for technical Application Management and Application Operations:
- You will deploy business applications across a landscape of environments leading to production;
- You will assist technically, maintaining, operating, monitoring, supporting and improving business applications throughout their life cycle;
- You take ownership in delivering good application service levels to customers;
- SAS Administration : Installation, configuration, keep up and running, monitoring, grant access,...,
- Build, configure & test application configurations that run on the Windows Server platform,
- Document application configuration changes and application operating instructions,
- Application configurations for operational monitoring, Logging & Log Management,
- Configure application monitoring for exception detection and managing alerts,
- Train application operators to run, monitor, troubleshoot and optimize business application operations,
- Deploy application releases (versions, builds) and provide early-life support to project teams & users,
- Report on status of work in progress, documenting events and raising flags when appropriate,
- Participate to operational (acceptance) testing of applications & end-to-end integrations,
- Perform technical application administration & maintenance activities throughout the application life cycle,
- Being part of the 2nd line IT support team for Event- & Incident Management,
- Being part of the IT support team for Problem Management and participate to the evaluation of changes,
- Keep up with IT standards & innovations on application technology and share knowledge and experience.
- You speak fluently french or dutch, in addition to English,
- You have a good working experience in SAS administration and applications management,
- You are a result-oriented, self-propelling and well-structured team player that communicates & collaborates openly with other people and teams,
- You are disciplined in your work, respect people, processes & procedures and raise improvement opportunities,
- You provide a great service experience to your (internal) customers and achieve high levels of effectivity on daily service fulfillment.