We are looking for a Business Analyst
(freelance) to join our client's team in the banking sector.
This is a long term mission, based in Brussels.
The goal of the project Bessy (Belgian External
Statistics SYstem) is to review and reengineer the business process and tools
used to generate the external statistics in order to produce them in a more
efficiently and reliably.
This will result in the development of a global,
automated and integrated solution of the production and revisions processes of
the balance of payment and the international investment position statistics as
well as statistics derived from these two main statistics.
The solution is based on the standard SDMX
(Statistical Data and Metadata eXchange) and GSBPM, and will provide functions
- Manage the metadata,
- Execute the production process,
- Follow the production process (dashboards),
- Check quality of the collected and calculated data,
- Execute data analysis,
- Measure KPI of the production process.
In this context, your mission will be:
- Understand, analyze and model the business processes currently in
place in order to assess their effectiveness and make the necessary
- Document business needs and validate them with the stakeholders,
- Work closely with the IT team to ensure that the solution meets
the client expectations,
- Identify blocking issues, communicate them and propose solutions,
- Take an active participation in a team of fifteen people,
- Detailed Business Requirements Specifications
included acceptance criteria, non-functional requirements, diagrams
- All deliverables must be written in English
- Business requirement gathering techniques,
- Business Process Reengineering,
- Statistical domains (Balance of Payments),
- Data analysis (BI, SAS…),
- SDMX, GSBPM,
- Case Complete or another requirement tool
- Experience in business analysis
- Good experience in analysis for IT project in the financial sector.
- Good experience in statistical projects.
- French / Dutch: active knowledge (understanding / speaking /
writing technical documentation / reading) of one language and passive
knowledge (understanding / reading) of the second one. English (writing technical documentation): passive knowledge,
- Analytical and synthesis abilities, global view,
- Listening and sense of contact,
- Negotiation skills,
- Transparent communication,
- Rigor and organization (respect of deadlines),
- Positive attitude,
- Creative and Openness to change,
- Out-of-the-box thinker and problem-solving oriented