We are looking for a Business Consultant to be part of our exciting growth plans for 2020!
Thanks to our long-standing expertise in the public sector, our passionate teams help our clients to be more efficient and effective in order to deliver a positive impact on both businesses and citizens. Within our business consulting department, we promote a dynamic, progressive atmosphere and encourage creative, independent thinking. In return, we offer a stimulating environment characterised by ongoing growth opportunities and a competitive package.
As a valued member of our team, you will play a key role in the development of our practice and lead preparation and delivery of projects and studies mandated by the European Commission as well as by other European Institutions. We are looking for candidates that have practical, hands-on experience in translating a policy and legislative obligations into actionable measures by leveraging the use of digital technologies. In this context, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Analysing the policy and legislative frameworks and understanding the processes behind;
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research and in-depth analysis of organisational processes;
- Identify user needs and transform them into more specific requirements;
- Support data collection activities by performing literature reviews as well as conducting interviews, surveys and workshops with various stakeholders;
- Analyse collected data and execute quality assurance controls to ensure data reliability;
- Elaborate reports drawing conclusions and providing recommendations for our clients;
- Eventually, support senior experts in risk assessment exercises and elaboration of security plans for information systems;
- Prepare and participate to client meetings;
- Participate in the complete project lifecycle and support business development by contributing to the development of proposals.
To excel in this role, you have:
- A strong academic background with a level of education corresponding to at least 4 years completed university studies attested by a diploma in Information Technology, Engineering, Management or any other business degree from a leading university;
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in ICT, Consulting or in a European institution;
- Knowledge of business analysis and processes methodologies;
- Interest in analysing the various business issues in the public or industry environments with objective of identifying the possible solutions by using digital technologies;
- Strong analytical, organisation and presentation skills as well as attention to details;
- Previous experiences related to business/functional analysis;
- Management skills and experience in terms of planning and coordinating projects;
- Knowledge of risk assessment methodologies and information security standards is a plus;
- A good team player with high level of personal motivation and a strong ability to communicate at all levels;
- Any consulting-relevant certificates (PRINCE2, ITIL, TOGAF, etc.) are considered as advantage;
- A desire to serve clients, to learn continuously and to solve problems;
- To be rigorous and hands on, but also innovative and creative;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English - knowledge of French and/or Dutch is considered an asset.