We are looking for a Medior DevOps Engineer, both to support the current on-premises Java Oracle stack and to build the cloud-native Java stack. A description of the tasks and competencies required can be found below.
- A degree in computer science is advantageous, but practical experience is the determining factor.
- Continuously updating oneself to stay informed about the latest sustainable trends and innovations, primarily with a focus on Platform as a Service offerings within Public Cloud environments.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience as a JAVA developer in software projects.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with on-premises ORACLE databases and servers.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience as a software engineer.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience with the design and development of microservices, preferably within an Azure (hybrid) Cloud environment.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience with event-driven architecture, preferably within an Azure (hybrid) Cloud environment.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience with CI/CD, preferably within Azure DevOps.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience with integration and PaaS offerings, preferably within Azure.
- The ability to propose alternative solutions and make recommendations, taking into account the overall context.
- A good listener, flexible attitude, and the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A good understanding of the agile software development process is an asset.
- Knowledge of European interoperability is an asset.
- Knowledge of existing building blocks and services within the federal government context is an asset.
- Active knowledge of two of the following languages: Dutch, French, English.
To foster team spirit and the initiation of initiatives, we request a presence at the office 4 days a week. Our offices are located next to Brussels South Station. Remote may be expanded in the future.