GIS/Remote Sensing Expert
We are looking for a GIS/Remote Sensing expert with experience in geospatial and earth observation data.
- Support in the management of day-to-day operations of Rapid Mapping, assessing the technical feasibility of rapid mapping activations, monitoring the processing chain of map and archiving specific documents
- Check the conformity of the maps and geographic layers with the technical specifications of the Rapid Mapping
- Report systematically on each Rapid Mapping activation to the supervisor, highlighting the errors and inconsistencies in deliverables
- Analyze users’ needs by reviewing and following up on users’ feedback
- Establish and maintain contacts with national and international authorities in the field of civil protection
- Prepare summaries and statistics about the Rapid Mapping activations
- Support the drafting and revision of technical documentation related to Rapid Mapping deliverables and procedures
- Draft and review of communication materials, Flash reports, flyers or posters.
- Support the development of training materials
- Support the organization and participate at:
o Regular, progress and interim review meetings with the Rapid Mapping service provider
o Annual user workshop
o Team meetings
o Working groups
o Trainings and interviews with users
- Contribute to proposals for product and service evolution
After a few months on presence in the office of Ispra, there will be the possibility to work remotely for 3 days per week.
- Passion in the field of emergency management in general, and of civil protection and/or humanitarian aid in particular;
- Experience with geospatial and earth observation data related to emergency management
- Experience in producing digital maps and assessing its quality
- Aptitude for contacts (mostly remote: e-mails, phone, teleconference) with users and service providers
- Resilient to repetitive task and ability to prioritize, organize and automate them as much as possible
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, in particular very good knowledge of English, ease of communication
- Ability to react quickly to new tasks, following the nature of the service
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in a team
- Good skills for writing technical documentation
- Good organizational and prioritizing skills
We are TRASYS International, NRB Group, an ICT company with over 30 years of a successful track record working with European Institutions and Agencies, offering IT consulting, solutions and services. Our Mission is to help our clients keep up with the challenges of digital transformation by providing the right talent at the right time for the right job. To this end, we are constantly looking for talented professionals who are interested in working on challenging international projects and able to deliver high-quality results within multicultural environments. Our services include (but are not limited to) modernization solutions, digital work spaces, cloud technologies and IT security. Our Headquarters are in Brussels, and we have active accounts and offices across Europe (i.e. Luxembourg, Amsterdam, Athens, Stockholm, Geneva).