Trasys International offers IT Consulting jobs at the European Institutions and International Organizations.
For our customer based in Luxembourg, the European Commission, we are looking for Java Developer. The main current goal is to develop the eForms Metadata Database. The application, which has a critical role in our current eForms Programme, is already underway and it involves:
• A MySQL database containing field metadata, business rules, code lists and internationalisation resources that together with the eForms schemas define the full set of information required to build eForms applications.
• A Java application used to convert the content of the Metadata Database to various formats (XML, JSON, Schematron and others) for exchange with stakeholders and other information systems.
• A UI that allows OP business staff to manage and update the content of the Metadata Database.
The software engineer is expected to develop the application end-to-end including, refining its specifications, writing and testing the code, planning and implementing releases. The generated exports described above, are published to our developer community as part of the eForms SDK on Github. Therefore, providing the necessary developer documentation for all the arte facts generated is also an essential part of the job.
Secondary tasks where the experience and input of the new team member may be needed include:
• Assistance in software or systems architecture evaluation and design decisions.
• Assistance in systems integration tasks or data transformation tasks.
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL BACKGROUND
Senior expertise in the following technologies is necessary:
• Java development
• Spring/Spring Boot
• XML, XSL (experience in Schematron validation is a plus)
• Unit Testing
DESIRABLE TECHNICAL BACKGROUND
• REST, OpenAPI
• Semantics and RDF
• CD/CI (Bamboo, Jenkins)
• Test automation (Selenium)
Our development team follows Scrum, uses Jira for managing its backlog, and Git (BitBucket and Github) for source control. For documentation tasks we are in the process of switching to Asciidoc. The developer is expected to be familiar with these tools.
OTHER SKILLS Our working language is English but good working knowledge of French will be appreciated. Analytical and problem-solving skills, a sense of initiative, organisational and prioritisation skills, proactiveness, capacity to work autonomously, team spirit as well as the ability to work in a multicultural and multilingual environment are among the essential soft skills we look for.