Contract: the position is open for freelance contracts in Den Hague (NL)
For a long-term contract for an European Institution in the Netherlands, Trasys International is looking for a Senior Java Developer to ensure the continuity of on-going and future Java Development projects.
The tasks are expected to be performed on site, in relation to the solution:
- Taking the lead in the analysis, design and actual development (programming) of the solution, including prototyping, based on the existing solution requirements specifications and high level technical architecture;
- Identify different options for implementing functionality and propose most suitable option;
- Translate the non-functional requirements (e.g. performance, reliability) into technical designs for meeting these requirements;
- Write unit tests and/or integration tests for software components;
- Create deployment packages (RPM) and scripts to deploy the software on Linux platform;
- Fix identified and assigned defects in close collaboration with the QA team;
- Perform troubleshooting on issues reported by system administrators;
- Contributing to the improvement of the development and build process.
Skills and competencies to be assessed:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software developer;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Java and JEE (JMS, XML, Webservices, JDBC) ;
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in using Red Hat Enterprise Linux (or equivalent as Fedora or CentOs) ;
- A minimum of 1 year of experience using Apache CAMEL or FUSE ESB frameworks;
- Knowledge of TFS, TeamCity or other Continuous Integration tools;
- Knowledge of Puppet or other Continuous Delivery and Configuration Management tools;
- Knowledge of search engines such as Elastic Search or Attivio ;
- Knowledge of SQL;
- Certification: 3 years of formal higher education at least equivalent to a level of bachelor degree;
- Working knowledge of English: B2, ability of clear communication and good interpersonal skills.