Microsoft IT engineer
As Microsoft IT Engineer you will be part of our dynamic and an innovative Windows OS & patching team.
Main missions of this team is to ensure the implementation and maintenance of process approach for enterprise patch management and deployment.
Your main responsibility will be to ensure continual service improvement though monthly and quarterly patch management metrics reviews by :
- fixing all issues following patching and ensuring our compliancy security baseline Windows OS,
- participating to OS patch deployment,
- maintaining server health,
- analyzing trends to identify potential patching errors and put in place corrective actions for future patching cycles.
On top you will take part to the RUN of the team and you could participate to our SLA-driven team.
As part of our « Microsoft Systems team», you will be responsible to :
- Participate in the 2nd
and 3rd line support (incident, service requests), Problem Management
- Be on-call standby service for Microsoft Systems Team (Windows and VMWare scope)
- Patching and software deployments operations;
- Windows Debugging and Troubleshooting
- Configuration and maintain a variety of Windows Server OS until last version with debug tools;
- Preparation and maintenance of Reference Configuration golden image;
- Automation OS deployments, reinstallations or migrations;
- Follow-up of reported problems and escalated incidents
- Have Good ITIL knowledge and the ability to assist in applying, developing, respecting ITIL processes
- In knowledge transfer and competencies to the different levels support
Technical skills - Must have:
- Server management and software deployment using LANDesk or similar (installation, upgrading, patching);
WinRM - Windows Remote Management implementation and configuration;
PowerShell ; automation/industrialisation of installation packages;
- Certificate general technical knowledge
Nice to have:
- McAfee ePO server;
- Infrastructure products\environments (SQL/Windows Server/Citrix/Terminal Services/SCCM/Active Directory/GPO)
- vmware, networking and storage
- Networking stack, TCP/IP and sub-netting
- GPO’s management
Abilities / soft skills :
- Flexibility Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends
- Collaboration: in team with direct colleagues, other ICT teams, vendors and suppliers
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Think outside the box.
- Write procedures, technical notes, reports