Senior Backup and Archiving Administrator
For our customer based in Cologne, an European Institution, we are looking for a Senior Backup and Archiving Administrator.
- Support the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of all servers, equipment and software related to the Backup and archiving (NetBackup, Enterprise Vault) system and associated components;
- Work with IT Project Managers, Proven experience on scripting with PowerShell and the team to evaluate, design and setup solutions to address business needs and opportunities, and propose changes that would make the Exchange environment a more effective solution;
- Document the technical implementation, policies and procedures to support the operational environment and participate in the design and ongoing refinement of technical implementation documentation, procedures and policies;
- Examine requirements documents and support creation of technical design documents, unit test, system test and capacity and implementation plans for small to complex projects;
- Perform, in close collaboration with the team, typical system administrative activities including daily performance monitoring, routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance, updating, controlling access permissions and privileges or issue troubleshooting and resolution;
- Ensure compliance with standard practices, processes and enterprise standards;
- Case follow up and resolution in collaboration with supplier support teams;
- Support developing, managing and testing backup and recovery plans of the servers, server functions and data;
- Second level and standby support;
- Coordinate with business and technical sections in standardizing and optimizing the way data/information is stored and retrieved;
- Manage Backup & Archiving Environment (Veritas NetBackup, Desktop and Laptop Option (SLO), Enterprise Vault);
- Ensure documentation of entire backup and storage environment and data replication relationships are current;
- Maintain Metrics around Storage and Backup components and ability to report for the purpose of Capacity planning;
- Manage Daytoday
- Operational tasks (Software Installs / Code Upgrades / tapes handling) and Data center operations.
After your Bachelor degree, you benefit from at least 7 years of related experiences as Backup and Archiving Administrator.
- Experience with disktodisk and to tape backup technology;
- Experience with retention policies;
- Experience with Veritas Net Backup, Enterprise Vault; DLO;
- Experience with SAN storage;
- Experience supporting enduser backup requests;
- Knowledge of various operating systems and their working with storage and backup software;
- Knowledge of networking technologies.
In order not to be just another outsourcing provider, we guarantee a personal follow up during your employment at the Institutions. Every consultant has a dedicated Trasys career coach in order to facilitate the communication and career follow-up. We regularly organize social events like lunches and after work drinks, to create an occasion for you to meet with other Trasys colleagues and management in a relaxed setting. Moreover, we are able to offer a secure employment thanks to our stable contracts with the Institutions since the last 20 years.