Who are we?
Trasys International is a dynamic global organization that takes pride in being the trusted partner of EU Institutions. With strong commitment to excellence and a 30-years track record of delivering high-quality solutions, we are dedicated to supporting the growth and success of our clients. Our Mission is to help our clients keep up with the challenges of digital transformation by providing the right talent at the right time for the right job. To this end, we are constantly looking for talented professionals who are interested in working on challenging international projects and able to deliver high-quality results within multicultural environments. Our services include (but are not limited to) modernization of solutions, digital workspaces, cloud technologies and IT security. Our Headquarters are in Brussels and we have active accounts and offices across Europe (i.e. Luxembourg, Amsterdam, Athens, Stockholm, Geneva).
Is this YOU?
For one of our main clients based in Brussels - an European Institution, we are looking for a CLOUD Operations specialist - Windows oriented to join our team in the area of humanitarian aid and related administrative operations. You will play a crucial role in supporting the innovation, research, and enabling the successful implementation of the client's digital transformation and EU policies.
The CLOUD Operations specialist should have a specific expertise in server virtualization, user access management in a hybrid context and security management (especially through GPO usage), to contribute to the improvement and operation of OMT Cloud infrastructure. The suitable candidate is expected to be versatile, as he/she will be working on the update of the current OMT infrastructure. The goal is to have an improved, more coherent and streamlined Cloud architecture, that also presents a better performance in terms of stability and availability for the end users and it fits better with the new Cloud solutions. This also implies giving advanced support to the OMT end users and advising the business side on the process and architecture choices to make to improve the current business processes modelled in the system.
Description of the tasks
• Configure and administer the OMT Cloud infrastructure and applications
• Define configuration management and deployment strategies for Cloud resources
• Ensure availability and stability of cloud production environments
• Develop and design software automation and scripts to orchestrate cloud and virtualization technologies with defined scope, schedule and expectations with a focus on Operations
• Work with the development team in resolving software and other related problems associated with the cloud deployment infrastructure and the code deployed onto platforms such as Database and/or Middleware
• Manage day-to-day deployment and maintenance activities
• Analyze and tune information systems performances
• Security administration and monitoring, in adherence to the security rules imposed by the client's central security service (complemented by local rules where needed); under supervision of the LISO (Local Information Security Officer)
• Manage the user access to OMT system, the security rules and the defence perimeter, notably through the usage of GPOs.
• Ensure the back-up and restore, on request, of the servers (at file system level and as a complete system image)
• Ensure the operational interface with the Cloud provider and the managed services provider
• Support the other members of the OMT team in their integration/migration projects (infrastructure-related tasks)
• Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the end users if needed.
• Assistance during relevant parts of testing, analysis, technical documentation, deployment and evaluation of the Cloud infrastructure solution (notably to improve its architecture and performance)
• Transfer knowledge and skills in the domain of Cloud infrastructure management to the rest of the team.
• Understanding and implementation of security and data protection requirements, mainly in what concerns the Cloud infrastructure solution (and the data and servers accessible to the end users).
• University degree (BSc/MSc)
• Extensive experience in designing and managing Cloud infrastructure – minimum 6 years
• Excellent knowledge of Windows servers management (2012, 2016 etc.), Azure, AD – minimum 4 years
• Very good knowledge of managing user access and profiles through GPOs
• Very good knowledge of setting up and managing Windows RDP farms and VPN tunnels
• Good knowledge of deploying any of the Infor modules used by OMT would be a great asset
• Excellent knowledge of virtualization technologies (VMWare)
• Very good knowledge in scripting languages for cloud infrastructure automation
• Strong understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity
• Very good knowledge of Cloud infrastructure setups from vendors such as, but not limited to, IBM Cloud and Azure
• Excellent knowledge of Windows and its Cloud server versions
• Knowledge of RDBMS
• Team player and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work with a high degree of rigour and method and, more specifically, to follow naming conventions and coding standards
• Ability to participate in technical meetings and good communication skills.