Senior Network Administrator
For our customer based in Cologne, an European Institution, we are looking for a Senior Network Administrator.
- Support the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of all network equipment and software;
- Work with IT Project Managers, Business Analysts and IT Architects and the team to evaluate, design and develop solutions to address business needs and opportunities, and propose changes that would make the network environment a more effective solution;
- Document the technical implementation, policies and procedures to support the operational environment and participate in the design and ongoing refinement of technical implementation documentation, procedures and policies;
- Examine requirements documents and support creation of technical design documents, unit test, system test and capacity and implementation plans for small to complex projects;
- Perform, in close collaboration with the team, typical system administrative activities including daily performance monitoring, routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance, updating, controlling access permissions and privileges or issue troubleshooting and resolution;
- Ensure compliance with standard practices, processes and enterprise standards;
- Network case follow up and resolution in collaboration with supplier support teams;
- Second level and standby support;
- Administer LAN/WAN and wireless infrastructure;
- Administer Wireless Network Infrastructure;
- Administer Network security components (Firewall, Remote access facilities, Network Access Control, Load balancing, Application Level Firewall, Proxies);
- Administer Video conferencing services;
- Cable management.
After your Bachelor degree, you benefit from at least 7 years of related experiences in Network Administration.
- Expertise in managing network components from major vendors in particular from Cisco, F5, Fortinet, Open source;
- Strong expertise in recent network technologies;
- Expertise in task automation of network equipment;
- Expertise with unified data center switching;
- Preferably Cisco Certification (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE).
- Expertise in Mobile Device Management Solutions;
Knowledge of the below will be considered an asset:
- Knowledge in managing unified communication components from Cisco
- Knowledge in recent unified communication standards and technologies.
This opportunity is intended for freelancers only.
In order not to be just another outsourcing provider, we guarantee a personal follow up during your employment at the Institutions. Every consultant has a dedicated Trasys career coach in order to facilitate the communication and career follow-up. We regularly organize social events like lunches and after work drinks, to create an occasion for you to meet with other Trasys colleagues and management in a relaxed setting. Moreover, we are able to offer a secure employment thanks to our stable contracts with the Institutions since the last 20 years.